 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 670
    background picture in POVRAY renderings —Michal Krbec
   I have seen many POV RAY renderings which had some background picture in background and not only single colour as it is normal. But I don't see any option in L3P to include some background picture so could anyone tell me how to do this? (24 years ago, 28-Dec-00, to lugnet.cad.ray)

        Re: background picture in POVRAY renderings —Amnon Silverstein
   Edit in the code to make a background in POV-Ray. They have examples in the documentation for making clouds, fog, rainbows, and other stuff. You can also read in image files, check out the syntax for image map. Just paste in this code at the end of (...) (24 years ago, 29-Dec-00, to lugnet.cad.ray)

        Re: background picture in POVRAY renderings —Tom Fought
     This is cool. Just tried it. If you have any more gems like this I would love to see them. Thanks Tom (...) (24 years ago, 29-Dec-00, to lugnet.cad.ray)

        Re: background picture in POVRAY renderings —Lars C. Hassing
   Amnon Silverstein wrote... (...) Looks great. Can I put it into L3P, and provide an option -bs (Background Sky)? Of course with a comment: // Sky by Amnon Silverstein Are there any parameters, that should be adjustable? /Lars (24 years ago, 30-Dec-00, to lugnet.cad.ray)

        Re: background picture in POVRAY renderings —Amnon Silverstein
   This code came pretty much straight out of the POV-Ray docs, so I'm sure you can use it. It has many parameters. I was thinking about making a .dat file with the POV code in it for different sky effects, but maybe it would be a good L3P option (...) (24 years ago, 30-Dec-00, to lugnet.cad.ray)