 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 659
Re: How do you get Chrome?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Mon, 25 Dec 2000 20:43:14 GMT

In lugnet.cad.ray, Eric Hamelijnck writes:
Hello Franklin,i have seen your latest sinbad post on brickshelf.
I like it very much,how do you get the chrome in your pictures,
im using ml cad and there is no chrome color.  Eric

Well, for the ray-traced image, I used L3P (and L3P-Add-On)
and POV-RAY.  L3P is programmed to "know" that color code # 383
is "Chrome/Silver", and will have the appropriate extra attributes
in the resulting POV-RAY code to be metallic.

As far as I know, MLCAD does not recognize any such special
properties of any of the dithered colors.

Franklin