 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 474
Re: bmp2avi
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Mon, 31 Jul 2000 10:14:54 GMT

On Mon, 31 Jul 2000 00:07:04 GMT, "Chuck Sommerville" <chucks@he.net>
wrote:

In lugnet.cad.ray, John Jensen writes:
.>it gets a bit tedious adding every single frame by hand:)
Does anyone know of a good conversion tool from bmp to avi or better
yet, from bmp to mpeg.

mpeg encoder avi2vcd
http://www.mnsi.net/~jschlic1/
This will make an mpeg1 file that can be played on your computer and it ready
to burn to VCD for your DVD player.  Many VCD players support VCD.

-Chuck

Great, but what I really nead is a tool, or perhaps just the
information, to create a proper avi out of bmp's.

Do I need my bmp's to have a special format?
Do I need a fixed number of frames?
Or should any old size of bmp's snap together nicely, as long a
they're alike?

Regards
John.