 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 313
Re: problems w/ L3P
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Wed, 26 Apr 2000 00:01:09 GMT

Kyle Keppler <hifiki@yahoo.com> skrev i en nyhedsmeddelelse:FtJnAx.81w@lugnet.com...

I have been having a problem with L3P, when it stars in the MS-DOS box on my
computer after it starts up and everything it says something about setting the
LDRAW directory. It then gives an example of the path c:lego\Ldraw, which is
exactly where my Ldraw is. I try to type in the command but no matter what key
I press it says "this dos program has terminated hit the close box in the
upper right hand corner"

It looks to me as you start L3P by double-clicking on it in the Explorer.

As Anders Isaksson answered some-one else in lugnet.cad:
Mladen Pejic skrev i meddelandet ...
Why is it when I try to open L3P.exe it just appears for a brief second and
then turns off? Does it have anything to do with Windows 2000?

Well, if you just click on L3P.EXE in Explorer, you should expect this
behavior, L3P needs all it's information as command line parameters. No
parameters => nothing to do, so exit.

L3P is a DOS program. You must run it in a DOS window.
Open a DOS window (Start/Programs/MS-DOS-prompt)
Type "set LDRAWDIR=c:\lego\ldraw" (L3P gives an EXAMPLE, it is not a DEFAULT)
Type "l3p car", L3P will generate car.pov from car.dat

If you still have problems, I can dig out some detailed explanations
I have mailed to several in the past.
/Lars