 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 304
Re: Tie Fighter render
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Mon, 24 Apr 2000 16:52:56 GMT

In lugnet.cad.ray, Bram Lambrecht writes:

How long did that one take to render?

About 3 hours on a PIII/450...

The flame is amazing--did that take a lot of trail and error to get it the
way you wanted it?

No! I found a tutorial on how to use the Media command to create atmospheric
effects, explosions e.t.c

What did you use for the laser beams?

I made a hollow sphere and used the Media command again to define the interior
of the sphere (with cylindrical density). It sounds complicated but you can
find more info here:
http://members.xoom.com/POVRAY3/media1.html

Where'd you get the rocks (or did you make them)?

I made the rocks with sPatch. Get it here:
http://www.cableone.net/alyson/spatch.html

George