 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 2816
2815  |  2817
Subject:
LGEO quirks with parts 6536 and 6187
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Wed, 8 Aug 2007 02:59:52 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In the course of experimenting with L3P and POV-Ray, I’ve noticed there are a few parts that appear positioned or oriented incorrectly when LGEO parts are used (with L3P’s -lgeo option). Here is an example of the two I have found so far, 6536 and 6187.

Here is the example LDraw file:

LDraw screenshot

It renders as expected when converted to POV-Ray format normally:

l3p lgeoquirks.ldr lq-l3p.pov -cg45,45 -b1,1,1
povray lq-l3p.pov

Normal L3P render

But with LGEO parts, the bar appears above its proper position and the joiner appears rotated 90 degrees around the Y axis:

l3p lgeoquirks.ldr lq-lgeo.pov -cg45,45 -b1,1,1 -lgeo
povray lg-lgeo.pov +L$LGEODIR

LGEO render

Is this a known problem, and if so, is there an established workaround?

Jim