 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 2722
  POVray LEGO

Hi all, With Anton's announcement of a new library and the question that followed I realised that perhaps it would be a good idea to compile all the LEGO part POVray work people have done into one thread. I'm aware of LGEO and Anton's library as (...) (18 years ago, 12-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: POVray LEGO

(...) Hey, maybe you want to take over (URL) this project>? According to the news archive it's in limbo pending the official release of l3p version 1.4. But who knows when/if that'll happen... (18 years ago, 12-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.ray, FTX)

  Re: POVray LEGO

(...) I have the LDraw POV Code Library ((URL) I created with the intention of it being an officially sponsored, community developed replacement for LGEO. It is supported by L3P v1.4 and will be promoted when 1.4 is released by Lars (wink, wink, (...) (18 years ago, 12-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: POVray LEGO

(...) While I can see the idea of the project I think for the time being it's probably easier just to try to collect links here. Most people who use POVray for rendering LEGO are members and it's so easy just to make a post with a link. Tim (18 years ago, 12-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.ray, FTX)

  Re: POVray LEGO

(...) I've done binoculars (30162), 1x1 slopes (54200/50746) and lever base (4592). All at (URL) when moderated. Tim (18 years ago, 12-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: POVray LEGO

(...) For the short term, yes that's easier. But in the long run that collection of links will get lost. Maybe after you collect the links you can work together with Orion to move all the good bits into the one library so people can still find them (...) (18 years ago, 12-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.ray, FTX)

  Re: POVray LEGO

(...) Ah yes, I see... Still the old rivality ;-) between different approaches. I have not even used my own library for years, not to speak of development. Reasons were university to finish, a relation, a job and a Bricklink store to get the money (...) (18 years ago, 14-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: POVray LEGO

(...) Yes that was me and it's great to have you back. I always use LGEO for my renders because of the high quality which is one reason I started this thread... I want more parts to match LGEO's standards :) (...) That would be optimal in my (...) (18 years ago, 14-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.ray)