 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 2545 (-5)
  Re: Lego renders

In lugnet.cad, Timothy Gould wrote: snip (...) Hi Tim, That statement is just too true!! I myself feel still as a beginner (first rendering maybe 20 month ago). And I got some really helpful tips from Jeroen (digitalbricks.nl), but first I had to go (...) (19 years ago, 9-Jan-06, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.ray, FTX)

  Re: Lego renders

John, that is my goal with asking a lot of questions about rendering and trying stuff myself. I like you have found it hard but I am hoping that once I learn how to create a nice render I can share the methods. Hopefully I can present it in such a (...) (19 years ago, 9-Jan-06, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Lego renders

Hi John, I'm sorry you've had so much trouble with ray tracing. I've tried to answer some points below. (...) The thing about rendering is that it is a combination of art and science. There are so many parameters to deal with and what looks good in (...) (19 years ago, 9-Jan-06, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.ray, FTX)

  Re: Lego renders

(...) First, I would like to agree that there are quite a few nice renders out on Brickshelf and the various personal sites. Before I begin I do not want this to come across as criticism, but I have a few questions/comments to make about some of the (...) (19 years ago, 9-Jan-06, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Lego renders

Renderings like LEGO are within our capability. Have you seen the renders by Koyan here: (URL) are a few others that are also creating very nice renders. The secret seems to be figuring out the specific settings used to create very nice renderings (...) (19 years ago, 8-Jan-06, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.ray)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact