 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 2455 (-5)
  Re: LDraw Animation - Why MPD?

(...) Not really a big deal, i could change my mind if that's too difficult for me to program. (...) It's much worse than a new syntax. A whole new, entirely different programming paradigm to learn. A whole new program semantic. Almost any (...) (19 years ago, 28-Aug-05, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.animation)

  Re: LDraw Animation - Why MPD?

(...) What's the Pro with MPD files in this case? My experince is that it makes programming much, much more difficult, and the gain is...(?) In LDA, I inlined all submodels into one model DAT* file for each Frame, and then one Master DAT file that (...) (19 years ago, 27-Aug-05, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.animation)

  Re: My humble opinion about LDraw animation

(...) That's also my approach. I have never used any animation system. I don't know what are the best animation concepts. As a programmer i only know what i can eventually do (my skills), what is my preferred approach (my talent) and what i consider (...) (19 years ago, 27-Aug-05, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.animation)

  Re: My humble opinion about LDraw animation

(...) That is a good point. Take a look at the .png format. They have made a fully extensible format which covers the simple, and covers the complex. I would suggest that any animation format should be based on an equally extensible format, probably (...) (19 years ago, 27-Aug-05, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.animation)

  Re: My humble opinion about LDraw animation

(...) Get ready for a book... You've started to describe exactly what I want to avoid. 1. Doing something so simplistic would never be able to hold my interest, and I suspect it would not interest anyone else who intended to do anything complex. (...) (19 years ago, 27-Aug-05, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.animation)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact