 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 2246
Re: the train is growing
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Thu, 3 Jun 2004 11:44:50 GMT

In lugnet.cad.ray, Trevor Hewer wrote:
Wow! Nice render! Sometimes I like rendering really massive pictures just for
the fun of it. Good idea for the Santa Fe! And 20,000 lines... I've got files
in excess of 100,000 lines on my PC. Anyways, good job.

Hi Trevor,
what kind of machine do you use for those images? I'm just working on an image
where the pov-code has 39.000 lines. And I just found out that not the povcode
but the resolution and render-options can be the problem. The actual picture can
only  be rendered with the display=off option. If I try to see what povray is
doing I get a memory error.

Sven