 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 2242
2241  |  2243
Subject:
Brick 2 x 2 with Wheels and Dually Wheels
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Sun, 30 May 2004 20:35:39 GMT

Being a lego seventies town fan, I build lots of vehicles using 3137c01 Brick 2
x 2 with Wheels (Complete Assembly Shortcut) and 3137c02Brick 2 x 2 with Dually
Wheels. The latter is not available for LDraw, yet, so I thoughd I'd give it a
try.
I started to look at the existing parts 3137c01, 3137, 20 en 7 (brick, wheel and
tyre) and noticed that these are a bit incorrect. I know the standards weren't
that high when these parts were created. Very obvious is that the axle is
missing and the brick is lacking a gap through the tube for the axle.
Before I start updating these parts to today's standards, I want to know how
detailed the parts have to be. The ridges on the tyre are now done with lines
and thus only show up in renderers that show the lines, too.
The tyre is created with a flat surface, but the surface is a bit curved. For
the single tyre this looks okay, but for the dually tyre a flat surface would
make the dually look disappear.

Niels