 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 1963
Re: LDraw Radiosity files version 2.3
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Wed, 27 Aug 2003 21:36:56 GMT

In lugnet.cad.ray, Gregory J. Overkamp wrote:
In lugnet.cad.ray, Jeroen de Haan wrote:
Hi all,

The LDraw Radiosity files have been updated to version 2.3. Thanks to Willy
Tschager for pointing out the missing max_trace_level.
You can download the file on the site (www.digitalbricks.nl) but there is no
how-to yet. Please read the POV-Ray manual
http://www.povray.org/documentation/view/220 about the max_trace_level.
Acctually it's very simple; 0 is no max_trace_level and you will get
artifacts (when using radiosity) and higher that 0 will decrease artifacts
and increase render time (dunno how much).

Jeroen

I keep getting an error when using these new files.  In the ldraw_radiosity.inc
file, POV-Ray keeps looking for the ending of the last global settings command
(line 104).  Exactly, it reads parse error: no matching } in 'global_settings',
if found instead.  With my limited knowledge of code, I have having some
difficulty trying to figure it out.  Any help?

Ok, found the error.  On line 104, the error line, change:

if (LDRAW_MTL>0)

#if (LDRAW_MTL>0)

and everything should work fine.

-Orion