 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 1948
Re: Converting POV Bitmaps to PNG?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Fri, 22 Aug 2003 14:42:23 GMT

In lugnet.cad.ray, Anders Isaksson wrote:
In lugnet.cad.ray, Mike Walsh wrote:
When I build instructions I like to work with PNG files.  Historically I
have produced bitmaps with LD-Lite and converted them to PNG with
ImageMagick.

Why not let POVray generate .PNG directly? I know it's possible when you run POV
'by hand', but I don't know if LPub lets you set that option.

Maybe you can modify somewhere in the pov .ini-chain to get the option set
regardless of what LPub tells it?

I don't have the pov documentation available right now, so I can't tell you what
the option is (faint memory of +FP or +FN, or some such, on the command line).

LPub post processes the images, and won't be able to do that if you force PNG
behind the scenes.

I'll resume work on PNG support in LPub.  I've tried a few times and decided to
take a break and build, which is why I got into LEGO in the first place.

Kevin

AndersI