 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 1809
Re: Difficulties in LPub
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Mon, 26 May 2003 13:19:16 GMT

In lugnet.cad.ray, Jaco van der Molen writes:
Hi Kevin (and everyone else ofcourse),

After a few trials and errors, I finally managed to get the parts in the
Part List Images at the same scale. It turns out that I had to set the
minimum distance to 50000 (!).

Is this because a plate of 6x16 is involved as a part and the rest of the
parts are significantly smaller than this plate?

Yes.

Is still have one problem to tackle:
The Previous Step Color Scaling does not work entirely correct. In most
steps it does the job, but in some steps it renders all parts in the same
shade of the color. This is difficult because I am using mainly black
pieces.

Can someone (read Kevin :-) tell me what is wrong here?

The bug I know of has to do with buffer exchange.  The step that contains a
buffer exchange retrieve sometimes, but not always does not *grey* out the
previous parts.

In your case it is graying out everything.

As always I need information to chase your bug any further.  Please send me
dats (prefereably in MPD format).  They will be held in the strictest
confidence.

Jaco

Kevin