 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 1725
Re: L3P - Anton Raves Library Support?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Wed, 5 Mar 2003 19:55:12 GMT

In lugnet.cad.ray, Carsten Schmitz writes:
Hello!

Is there any chance that L3p will support Anton Raves POVRay Lego Library?
I think that would be great because there are a lot of great made bricks in
that library and LGEO seems to be dead. Maybe L3P could pick the necessary
pieces from both libraries?

Hi Carsten -
I've talked to Anton a bit about this. He has a desire to see a converter
from LDraw to his library. I believe there's an issue of different part
origins/centers of rotation that needs to be resolved. Also, AFAIK Anton
doesn't use the LDraw part numbering system.

I'm not sure if Anton and Lars have spoken recently on this, but I know
Anton's been thinking of way to make his library more accessible to
LDraw-folk by converting LDraw files. Every so often I have a conversation
with him about it.

-Tim