 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 1669
  Re: Are the illustrations for the modeler's book series created with Ldraw compatible software?

(...) Hi Tim, One tell-tale sign is that the shadows on the ballerina are classic ray-traced shadows with sharp edges. Most 3D artists would actually not choose raytracing as their first option because a) it takes a lot more time than other shading (...) (22 years ago, 12-Feb-03, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Are the illustrations for the modeler's book series created with Ldraw compatible software?

I must say that now I have the book in hand, the images are deffinately rendered. You can, like you said, cleary make that out from the shadows. I doubt though the used LDraw, for the book I have (Animals) dates back to 1999. One other possibility (...) (22 years ago, 12-Feb-03, to lugnet.cad.ray)