 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 1075 (-5)
  Re: From Screen to Paper Printing (PPI/DPI Question)

(...) :-) (...) If you intend it for others to print, why not just provide the POV file and a link to the instrucitons I gave you for rendering it big? Let them render it and print it, save yourself the time transferring that 70MB file and the (...) (23 years ago, 19-Dec-01, to lugnet.publish, lugnet.general, lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: From Screen to Paper Printing (PPI/DPI Question)

(...) Many thanks, Tim -- this is exactly the help I needed. So easy too! Now I just need a place online to house a 65-70 MB 600 ppi file of my "Joined" hands -- now suitable for printing! -- Hop-Frog (23 years ago, 19-Dec-01, to lugnet.publish, lugnet.general, lugnet.cad.ray)

  Source files now available on Brickshelf for Cathedral of Ice

Last year, around this time, I introduced my "Cathedral of Ice" MOC. This model proved to be quite popular and I still get requests for the .dat files to make this model. To make this process easier, I've now posted the .dat files on brickshelf at (...) (23 years ago, 19-Dec-01, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: From Screen to Paper Printing (PPI/DPI Question)

(...) POV doesn't have a 4800x4800 option in the Render>Edit Settings/Render window, so here's how to get it listed there. Go to your POV directory, and then to the 'renderer' subdirectory. Open quickres.ini At the bottom, create a new entry (copy (...) (23 years ago, 18-Dec-01, to lugnet.publish, lugnet.general, lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: From Screen to Paper Printing (PPI/DPI Question)

You need to create an image in POV-Ray that's at least 4800 x 4800 pixels. You can't/don't need to set the ppi in POV-ray. Then make sure your image program prints it at 600 dpi (do _not_ resample the image). You're weren't asking how to create (...) (23 years ago, 18-Dec-01, to lugnet.publish, lugnet.general, lugnet.cad.ray)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact