 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 1060
Re: Spaceship animation re-done...!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Tue, 4 Dec 2001 03:28:08 GMT

Hello Tim

As I mentioned in an earlier post I wanted to re-render my spaceship
animation in a higher resolution.

and compressed it with DivX 4.11/MP3 codec. I think i will let it depart
next time - or at least let the minifig move some plastic muscles  ;-).

I think I tried downloading this earlier, but it wouldn't play because I
didn't have the DivX codec.  I'm not prepared to download another piece of
Micro$oft software either - given all of their recent anti-privacy and OS
integration tactics.  Is there a non M$ way of getting a DivX file to
work?

I put up an MPEG version now too... I think you should be able to watch it
without problems from other OS/patforms. At least that what I've been told
;) (the MPG is 4 MB... the compression isn't as compact).

Any comments are appreciated ;-).

[ shameless plug on ] ;-)

For those who are interested in Raytrace/POVRay:
I put in for the 'Scene of the Month' contest on LDraw.org for december
((http://www.ldraw.org/motm/).

Wow that is cool!!  I'm appreciating more and more how complex these • scenes
are getting ...and realizing that the gap between my skills and everyone
else's is widening.  Heck, I just recently started positioning the camera • in
Pov-RAY. ;-)

Thank you very much.
Yep. My skill weren't better than that before. But with a lot of
online-tutorials i found out the necessary thing. I still needed several
days for it ...

Have a nice one

Carsten