 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 1021
Re: New Web Site
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Thu, 8 Nov 2001 21:48:08 GMT

In lugnet.cad.ray, John P. Miller writes:
I have setup a new website for my Lego renders.  Any comments would be
appreciated.

http://geometries.tripod.com/index_lego.html

  Hey, that's pretty slick.  I like the look of the site, first of all, and
the animated heading is quite eye-catching as well.  The general setup is
nice, too; easily navigable but not boring--a sometimes rare combination.
  You do a very nice job of fitting models to their backgrounds, adding a
cool realism to the vehicles.  Interestingly, in this one:
http://geometries.tripod.com/portfolio/lego_7130_snow_speeder_patrol.jpg
the top-most ship has a faint halo reminiscent of the problems ILM had
during the original production of that scene.  Nifty!
  I also like some of the simpler models, such as:
http://geometries.tripod.com/portfolio/lego_6831_with_minifig.jpg
  These are nice because, even though they're not especially detailed, they
convey a real solidity and immediacy that can be lost in larger models.

  What did you do for the hair in this one:
http://geometries.tripod.com/portfolio/lego_7104_desert_skif_luke.jpg

  Is the woman in this picture clipped from something, or did you render
her? (not in the manner of an abattoir, of course, but you know what I mean...)
http://geometries.tripod.com/portfolio/lego_5504_racer_driver.jpg

   Thanks for sharing your site!  I look forward to your Battle Droid!

     Dave!