 CAD / Ray-Tracing / *252 (-10)
  Re: Another space render...

(...) Your ship also resembles my vision of a "'thopter" from Frank Herbert's Dune series... Very cool....I wonder if I have the parts to build one?.... hmmmm (24 years ago, 14-Apr-00, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.publish, lugnet.space, lugnet.build)

  Re: Another space render...

(...) (sorry to reply to myself: I just saw this question had come up in the one reply I hadn't read yet. Figures! ;) ) LFB (24 years ago, 14-Apr-00, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.publish, lugnet.space, lugnet.build)

  Re: Another space render...

(...) Wow, Bram. That ship is magnificent (but by now we expect nothing less from you!)--and the wing mount is very inventive; I like it a lot. A couple questions: does the geometry really work that conveniently in the "real built world," and do (...) (24 years ago, 14-Apr-00, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.publish, lugnet.space, lugnet.build)

  Re: Another space render...

(...) I have Photoshop on a CD that I lost :/ I used Corel PhotoPaint, which has all the same features as Photoshop, to play with the lens flare (not only can I choose the brightness, I can also choose the lens type!)[1]. Right now I'm rendering the (...) (24 years ago, 14-Apr-00, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.publish, lugnet.space, lugnet.build)

  Re: Another space render...

(...) Do you have Photoshop? You can place a lens flare anywhere and also adjust the brightness. If you don't, you could email me a pic and I could drop one on it for you. ~Mark (24 years ago, 14-Apr-00, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.publish, lugnet.space, lugnet.build)

  Re: Another space render...

(...) Hey, I like that name! I just might call it that. Thanks! (...) I have built it. It does work :) (...) Yeah, I played with a lens flare glare off of the canopy, but it didn't look great. I'm afraid if I place a sun in the picture, the lighting (...) (24 years ago, 13-Apr-00, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.publish, lugnet.space, lugnet.build)

  Re: Another space render...

Bram Lambrecht wrote in message ... (...) wind or (...) Heh, as soon as I saw you picture I was reminded of the name "Sunjammer". You see on Mike Oldfield's "Tubular Bells 2" album there's a track called "Sunjammer". I always thought it would be a (...) (24 years ago, 14-Apr-00, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.publish, lugnet.space, lugnet.build)

  Re: Another space render...

(...) They actually stay on quite well. However, when attaching the wings, you have to hold the model steady because with just one wing, it's very unbalanced. I wouldn't try to hold the model by one wing, but then again, you wouldn't do that for (...) (24 years ago, 12-Apr-00, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.publish, lugnet.space, lugnet.build)

  Re: Another space render...

(...) ...Quite elegant looking :-) nice! I like the way the 'wings' are attached, I may just have to borrow that idea and see what I can do about it :-) ...you can go back to ignoring me now... wubwub stephen f roberts wamalug guy ((URL) #160 (24 years ago, 12-Apr-00, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.publish, lugnet.space, lugnet.build)

  Re: Another space render...

(...) How strong are those wings, held on by only two studs? Alan (24 years ago, 12-Apr-00, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.publish, lugnet.space, lugnet.build)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact