 CAD / MLCad / 699
698  |  700
Subject:
Adding new pieces in MLCad
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.mlcad
Date:
Wed, 13 Dec 2000 18:56:00 GMT

MLCad being a Windows based program, I often find myself using "drag and
drop" to place my next piece into my DAT file.  If, for instance, I drop it
into the "Front" view, then the piece goes into the DAT file at the X and Y
location that is displayed in the bottom left corner of the application, as
expected.  Unfortunately, if I do that, than the piece's other value becomes
0 (zero), and if I am zoomed in, the piece is no longer in my view, even
though it has focus.

Would it be possible to have the "Z" in this case be the Z location of the
previous piece?  That way, if I am zoomed in working on something, it
doesn't drop to the Z=0 (zero) leyer.

The other windows would work similarly:
Back : Would work the same as Front
Left, Right : Y & Z would be the "Drop Location", X would be the Y of previous
Top, Below : X & Z would be the "Drop Location, Y would be the Y of previous

I realize that I can drop the part into the text listing of the DAT file
also, which will put the part at the same location as the part I drop it on,
but I find myself mixing up the order of the pieces when I do that.

Unless there is something that I am missing in the usage of the program.
Any other suggestions are welcome.

-Andy Lynch