 CAD / MLCad / 693
Re: Part rotation point
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.mlcad
Date:
Tue, 12 Dec 2000 15:31:32 GMT

"Michael Lachmann" <m.lachmann@xpoint.at> wrote in message
news:G5FxIw.746@lugnet.com...
I thought it this way:

o Each part can have several custom rotation points - each with a • different
name for the user
o The user can select the general rotation point strategy (e.g. world
origine, part center ... part rotation point).
o Here I thought on a future extension where the user can pick one of • the
defined rotation points and use it.

So are you talking about two types of part-based rotation points:
rotation points contained in the part file _and_ user-defined & named
rotation points for a specific instance of the part in a model.  That
would be ideal.  A custom rotation point that would move with the part
would be such a help, especially working with Technic parts.

Combine that with the model-wide custom rotation points and the ability to
copy a part rotation point (origin, center, pre-defined, or custom) to a
model custom rotation point, and I think you'll have this one licked.

-John Van