 CAD / MLCad / 443
Re: MLCad can't find new parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.mlcad
Date:
Thu, 5 Oct 2000 06:52:45 GMT

When you add new parts to the library you have to options:

1) Modify or update the parts.lst yourself ==> then you have to restart MLCad
(only during startup the parts.lst is read)

2) Open the menu "Files/Scan parts" and let MLCad search for new parts. If
there are new parts MLCad will tell you and ask if it should write the
parts.lst ==> in this case no restart of MLCad is required.

==========

If this still doesn't work you could have installed the update to a wrong
place (check directory structure inside the LDRAW path - there should be only
one Parts and one P directory!
Often you get another LDraw directory inside LDraw path!

Michael

In lugnet.cad.mlcad, Ryan J. Farrington writes:
I downloaded the latest parts update and added the parts to my
Ldraw\parts directory as well as to Parts.LST.  I went into MLCad and
wanted to select a new part, just to see if it worked, and the part was
not in the list dialogue box or in the side menus.  I tried it with a few
other new parts, but they all were not in the menus.  Can anyone help
please?

Thanks,
--Ryan

Lugnet member #517