 CAD / MLCad / 250
Re: Question of the hour. MLCAD & POV.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.mlcad
Date:
Fri, 16 Jun 2000 20:36:23 GMT

"Jonathan Johnson" <lightfoot@earthling.net> writes...
I've got a .DAT file that's ~50 Mb after exporting if from MLCAD.  Is
there anything that can convert a file this large (and potentially
much larger) to .POV format?  For your piece of mind, rendering this
beast is not an issue.  It will be done on our SGI Onyx2
InfiniteReality2 machine.  And yes, this is a serious question.

Lightfoot

I'd recommend L3P (available at http://home16.inet.tele.dk/hassing/l3p.html)
by Lars C. Hassing, but you should ask Lars (mailto:lch@ccieurope.com) if it
can really handle .dat files THIS big (although the docs say that the win32s
version CAN handle big files - bigger that about 3.000 to 4.000 parts at
least.)

BTW: What on earth produces a dat file this big and how did you edit this
in MLCAD (on my machine MLCAD get annoyingly slow at about 2.000 - 3.000
parts and a .dat file zize of about 65k)?

Axel