 CAD / MLCad / 217
Re: Annoucement and Questions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.mlcad
Date:
Mon, 1 May 2000 15:35:05 GMT

Michael Lachmann wrote:
I've closed implementation phase for V1.9 of MLCad now, in arround a week I
hope that I'm ready to release it.

cool!

<snip>

1) I'm planning to improve the way of finding parts, the version 1.9 will have
a better preview which shows more parts at once, but it's still hard to find
parts.
Also searching for a word in the description does not help until you now at
least parts of it.
QUESTION: Please send me ideas how I could improve the previews or part lists
so that it is more easy to find parts. Imagine you don't know the library but
you know how the part looks like. What could be done to find it more easy?

Something I am trying to do, to help in inventorying is adding some meta information to the parts DB - like type (which we already have), and some size info (fits in 4x4, 1x8, etc) - that way, if you know how big it is, you can search through a lot less parts...

:)

Dan