 CAD / MLCad / 1924
Re: (First post) enter position and rotation dialog
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.mlcad
Date:
Wed, 28 Jul 2004 12:56:25 GMT

At 01:20 AM 7/28/2004 +0000, Purple Dave wrote:
In lugnet.cad.mlcad, Jeremy Vandivere wrote:
I have placed a part (plate 1x2) into the work area, and I need to
rotate it along the X axis. in the 'enter position and rotation' dialog,
it says the angle is already 90 degrees. this is referring the the 90
degrees I had to rotate it to get it pointed long ways instead of
sideways. (can you tell I'm new?)

If you're using MLcad, there should be a toolbar with six circular arrow
buttons
in it.  Those arrow bottons will rotate the part along all three axes.  The
arrows are modeled according to the top-view (default lower left frame), where
the left pair of arrows will roll it along a horizontal axis, the right pair
will rotate it on a vertical axis, and the middle pair will spin it flat
on the
screen.  Just make sure you have the right part selected before you start
hitting the rotate buttons.

There are also keyboard shortcuts for those operations.

Rotate around Y axis: 'A' and Ctrl+right or left arrows
Rotate around X axis: Ctrl+up or down arrrows
Rotate aournd Z azis: Ctrl+'home' or 'end'

--Ryan

http://users.ifriendly.com/fourfarrs1