 CAD / MLCad / 1815
1814  |  1816
Subject:
General Settings file?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.mlcad
Date:
Sat, 29 Nov 2003 22:50:27 GMT

Being a student, it is not often I get to work on the same computer. I'll go to
the computer lab, find a machine that's open, login with my student account and
bingo, a new computer session. Due to how the school has the computer access
setup, I generally only have read/write access to one folder (My Documents), and
when I logoff, any files saved locally that session are deleted. I carry my
ldraw & mlcad files on a CD. I copy the MLCAD files to the hard-drive of the
computer I am using (usually into the My Documents folder), and save the models
I am working on onto a floppy. When I first start MLCad, of course I have to
tell it that the ldraw directory is on the CD drive instead of the hard-drive.
So far, no problem. But everytime I first start MLCad on a machine, the General
Settings & the Toolbars settings are always back to the default (i.e: black is
the preview color for pieces, author is listed as MLCAD, the toolbars are
stacked one per line, flushed left at the top of the screen, etc). What file has
those settings so I can copy it to what-ever computer I am working on and not
have to bother with setting them the way I want to every time I start a fresh
session?

NOTE: It DOES keep the same (parts) group configuration I've made on my home
machine, but my general settings always return to default. The copy of MLCAD on
my CD is created from the current one on my home computer.