 CAD / MLCad / 1677
Re: Different language selections
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.mlcad
Date:
Fri, 30 May 2003 20:02:04 GMT

Hi Ludo,

please find my answeres below ...

"ludo soete" <ludo.soete@village.uunet.be> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:HF776p.FA0@lugnet.com...
Hi Michael,

While i followed a bit the progress of the Dutch translation for MLCAD,
raised me following question(s).

If i remind me correct,there seems to be different language translations
reddy (Italian,Dutch...).
Is it possible to centralize those language DLL's or even ship them with • the
MLCAD program (add them in the zip file for download)? One disadvantage of
this is that the pc gets different language DLL's that will never be used,
and so occupy unnessesarry disc space . Note that not everyone who owns a • pc
is also a software engineer who knows what he can remove and what not, so
that the unwanted language DLL's can be safely removed. Thats why i get • next
idea: Is it possible that we can download a 'customized' MLCAD version,
something like : Allways ship the 'standard' MLCAD software and a • selection
of language(s) DLL's with checkboxes on your home page?
My idea is to collect all version (at least them from which I hear) on my
web-server and provide downloads there.
It would be possible to put all dlls into one single download package if the
authors of the dlls accept that (a thing to check), but the downloads for
the end-user would be big, and sure the users have a lot of stuff on there
computer they don't need.
My goal is to have a download manager in MLCad which informs the user about
new downloads, and if required automatically installs the updates. This way
the users can configure theire MLCad individually.

Can MLCAD figure out if it is launched for the verry first time? If so, • can
you show the Language setting dialog box, so that first users can • imediately
select there mother language, and restart MLCAD, so that the new language
becomes active? Kind of fine tuning the set-up, and ease of installation,
esspecially for new users, adulds & kids.
Thats a good idea ... I'll take that for the next release.

These are just some taughts / ideas.

Kind regards, and thanks for this great utility.
Ludo Soete

Thanks,
   Michael