 CAD / MLCad / 1528 (-5)
  Re: Ropes, Flex Tubes, Rubber Bands, et. al.

Hi Shaun, I have written a program called lsynth, which does many bendable things like: flex-system hoses, pneumatic hoses, flexibe axles, ribbed hose, electric and fiber optic cables. The program is called LSynth and is available (URL) I'm also (...) (22 years ago, 30-Dec-02, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Ropes, Flex Tubes, Rubber Bands, et. al.

Hi All, I've been working diligently on LDrawing my Hudson 4-6-4 Steam Engine ((URL) and am finally running up against the seemingly impossible: Is there a way to modify pieces so that they bend and curve? So far, I've replaced bent flex-tubing with (...) (22 years ago, 30-Dec-02, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: *** Start celebrating .... NOW

(...) This sounds like a shortcut in the algorithm. If the bezier function is f(t), it does not have the property that |f(t) - f(t+d)| = c for all t, d given. I've corrected for this in my algorithm by using some simple optimization to find a (...) (22 years ago, 28-Dec-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: *** Start celebrating .... NOW

(...) Some progress - myself and a CAD expert mucked about a bit until we realised the obvious thing I was missing, the fact that the control point coordinates are specified relative to the end points and not in absolute coordinates! Jennifer (22 years ago, 28-Dec-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: *** Start celebrating .... NOW

(...) If memory serves me well, in Fredrik's Ldraw mode you specified the endpoints in terms of orientation as well as coordinates, stated the number of joints and it calculated the rest. Certainly a good system for many instances as that (...) (22 years ago, 27-Dec-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact