 CAD / MLCad / 1490
1489  |  1491
Subject:
Converting files to 3D Studio MAX-format
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.mlcad
Date:
Sat, 30 Nov 2002 01:05:52 GMT

Hello,

Has anyone out there ever successfully converted a LDRAW (*.LDR or *.DAT)
file to 3DS MAX (*.3DS or *.MAX)?

I have tried the software 3Dwin which supports both formats (.ldr, .dat and
.3ds) - and the freeware converter Dat2dxf as well. Non of them gave any
results. When trying to import any converted dfx-file into 3DS MAX, it says
"Corrupt DFX-file or something".  It looks like 3DWin can't find the ldraw
brick-library, but can't find any info regarding this issue.

What could be wrong?  Would be glad to hear about your experiences.

I use MLcad for my designs.