 CAD / LeoCAD / 56
Re: Linux problems - X server crashing
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.leocad
Date:
Mon, 15 Oct 2001 22:09:07 GMT

  First thing to do is try to compile yourself and run (get the source to
0.73, not the latest one), if it still fails send me a backtrace of where it
crashes and I'll be able to help.

  I don't have an NVidia card anymore but it used to work fine with previous
drivers (except when I tried to render to memory).

Leonardo

----- Original Message -----
From: "Chris Page" <chris@starforge.co.uk>
To: <lugnet.cad.leocad@lugnet.com>
Sent: Sunday, October 14, 2001 3:57 AM
Subject: Linux problems - X server crashing

I'm trying to get LeoCAD to work on my linux box without much sucess. I
downloaded leocad-0.73-linux.tgz and the pieces.zip files, extracted the
pieces to /usr/share/leocad and copied leocad to /usr/bin. I have
tried starting it as a normal user and as root using either of these
commands:

leocad
leocad -l /usr/share/leocad

In both cases my X server crashes, dropping me back to a console prompt.
I have the NVidia kernel module and GL installed (version 2.0-1512) and
libpng snd libjpeg are installed. I can run other GL programs, including
ones I have written myself, so I#m pretty much at a loss as to why I can't
get LeoCAD to work.

Any advice or suggestions welcome!

Chris