 CAD / LeoCAD / 32
Re: Info on animation vs step and...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.leocad
Date:
Mon, 3 Apr 2000 23:18:17 GMT

OK then maybe you can explain it here... :)
I have animated blocks but have no idea how I actually did it. I can't seem to
reproduce the mouse clicks... Can you outline how to set keys and how to move
or rotate blocks....
SteveB

In lugnet.cad.leocad, Leonardo Zide writes:
sebarile-MOBL wrote:

What does the film strip button (ani vs steps) do?

When the film strip button is down, it means that you're in animation
mode and the program will work as a "keyframer", like 3D Studio. Get
this file and press the play button to see a simple animation of a car
on the road and the camera following it:
http://www.geocities.com/colosseum/3479/1/anim.lcd.bin (you'll need to
remove the .bin from the filename after the download).

I was going to use it to write a tutorial but I hate writing docs...
:)

How do you make a n x n "array" of 1x1 bricks, I've tried various values in
the array dialog box but to no avail...

You have to set the distance between the bricks, otherwise they will
all be in the same place. First add a 1x1 brick, then go to the array
dialog and enter 1 int the Move / X field, click the 2D radio button,
change the count to 10 and the Y offset to 1 and you'll have a 10x10
array of 1x1 bricks. If you have the "use cm units" option set you'll
have to enter 0.8 instead of 1.

Leonardo