RE: OMR Filenaming Standard Change?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Wed, 19 Jan 2000 08:35:39 GMT

Hi,

Like I mentioned in my reply to Tim, giving the .dat the same
name as the .mpd
gives even more consistency. The .mpd is named xxxxa-yy.mpd
so if we name the
.dat the same way, it has all the basic information(#,
modifier, year) and the
user doesn't have to switch thought patterns.
"OK, I un-mpd'd xxxx-yy.mpd and now I open xxxx-yy.dat"
instead of "OK, I
un-mpd'd xxxx-yy.mpd and now which dat file do I open? Oh,
yeh, main.dat"
IMO it seems simpler and more obvious.

I agreee.

I know that it had been suggested to have files for the
box-back models that
were obvious on how they were built, but I don't think this
is a good idea
because the whole purpose of the OMR was to have ".dat
instruction books" and
since those models aren't in the instruction book.
Ryan

Maybe I don't remember correctly, but until now I assumed that the term
'alternate model' refers to those models in the instruction booklet that can
be built from the same set of parts. Just to clear my understanding, please
clarify how the OMR Standard intends to include these models. (E.g. the
black supercar can rebuilt into a black Fomula-1 car and both are in the
instruction booklet.)

BTW I aggree that 'back-box models' shouldn't be so precisely ruled by the
OMR naming standard.

Thanks

Ampi