 CAD / Development / Organizations / LDraw / 4550 (-20)
  Re: Official Parts using MLCad colors

(...) When we updated the LDConfig.ldr 462 was already defined as Medium_Orange #FE9F06 and has therefore been kept. If Medium_Orange is appropriate for the German Flag is another story. The chart only list colors which are used in parts but are not (...) (15 years ago, 1-Oct-09, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Official Parts using MLCad colors

(...) How about color 462 in 777p01.dat? (15 years ago, 30-Sep-09, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Official Parts using MLCad colors

Hi, Scott Wardlaw has written a prog which matches the colors used in the official parts against the now updated LDConfig.ldr colors chart. This is a list of parts that use colors which were mainly defined in MLCad and have never been LDraw colors: (...) (15 years ago, 30-Sep-09, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Website slow

(...) I'd guess that this time there is a mass downloading of the newest parts update. Tim (15 years ago, 27-Sep-09, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Website slow

(...) The visitors are also spiders, bots and the rest of internet fauna. LDraw.org is hosted on a Peeron.com server. Last time we had been slow it was lack of memory: (URL) drop Dan a mail an see what can be done. w. LDraw Administration Team. (15 years ago, 26-Sep-09, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Website slow

Whis is LDraw.org so slow? Is someone hosting it from their home/work PC? Are there really that many visitors? -Mike (15 years ago, 26-Sep-09, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  LDraw.org's September 2009 Part of the Month voting is now open

The voting for the September 2009 contests is now open. Visit the (URL) page> to cast your vote. Sorry, no MOTM or SOTM this month. So far we have only three entries for every contest. Willy Tschager LDraw.org Administration Team (15 years ago, 3-Sep-09, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.announce, FTX)

  Re: New LDConfig.ldr color file

(...) Yeah, I actually wanted to do that too in the begining. I can't remember how long we have been working on the release of this file, but it has been a long time for me. I'm not sure I have enough fight left in me to support (and drag this out (...) (15 years ago, 19-Aug-09, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: New LDConfig.ldr color file

Oh yeah, one more thing. If you've gotta sort alphabetically, I say don't discriminate. Sort the Lego core colors in the 30000 range alphabetically too. What? You say can't do that, because those numbers mean something? How could that be? I'm gonna (...) (15 years ago, 19-Aug-09, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: New LDConfig.ldr color file

(...) Personally I find it harder to remember all the silly names than to remember the basic colors by number. If they aren't sorted by color then I still want red, blue, yellow, black, white, and grey near the top of the list. The numeric order has (...) (15 years ago, 19-Aug-09, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: New LDConfig.ldr color file

(...) Each program that reads and uses the LDconfig.ldr file should know how best to display the colors. If the program shows color swaths, then it does make good sense for the program to display them in a Hue-Saturation-Brightness order. For (...) (15 years ago, 18-Aug-09, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: New LDConfig.ldr color file

(...) Now that's what I'm talking about! I just didn't say it right. ;) If you're not going to list the colors in ldconfig.ldr sorted by number then pick a useful ordering like Hue-Saturation-Brightness. Alphabetic order is not much better than (...) (15 years ago, 18-Aug-09, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, FTX)

  Re: New LDConfig.ldr color file

(...) Duplicated colors are my deepest concern. Below is a screenshot of Bricksmith's color picker using the new ldconfig.ldr: (URL) I can't just hide the TLG colors. For one thing, some of them don't seem to have non-TLG counterparts (like (...) (15 years ago, 18-Aug-09, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, FTX)

  Re: New LDConfig.ldr color file

(...) I think group sub-sorting might be more trouble than it's worth. Editors can just sort the colors by Hue-Saturation-Brightness. That's what Bricksmith does. It's a simple mathematical transformation. (URL) Allen (15 years ago, 18-Aug-09, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, FTX)

  Re: New LDConfig.ldr color file

(...) The 2006-2007 LSC agreed with this also, which is why we added the part about "(needs work)" to the (URL) LDraw.org Official Library Header Specification>. --Travis (15 years ago, 14-Aug-09, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, FTX)

  Re: New LDConfig.ldr color file

--snip-- (...) The majority of LDraw users I know of outside LUGNET (flickr, facebook and TBB) use MLCAD and LDview for their LDraw experience. It's not a full poll and it's not a big sample but it's probably a better example of 'new users' than (...) (15 years ago, 14-Aug-09, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: New LDConfig.ldr color file

(...) Quality is important, but the first priority of Ldraw should always be to make it easy to create and share the models. Photo-realism is nice, to be sure, but certainly a somewhat lower priority. I'm not aware of any photo-realistic realtime (...) (15 years ago, 13-Aug-09, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: New LDConfig.ldr color file

(...) Kickin' in open doors, are you? I have absolutely no reason to disagree. (...) You are right about one thing: newer LEGO colours isn't one of my obsessions, but I may download other peoples' LDraw MOCs... (...) I'd love to, but I don't think (...) (15 years ago, 13-Aug-09, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: New LDConfig.ldr color file

(...) Couldn't find the word "vitriol" in my dictionary, just "vitrify". But from the context I conclude it's something like aggressive, rude, grumpy, impolite, or emotional. And yes, I admit I've been unnesessarily grumpy and I am truly sorry for (...) (15 years ago, 13-Aug-09, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: New LDConfig.ldr color file

(...) No need for the vitriol Tore. (...) Yes but, as with all things, people come and people go. I, for example, am much more withdrawn than I was in 2004 since I'm on an operational submarine now and only have a limited amount of time in port. (...) (15 years ago, 13-Aug-09, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact