 CAD / Development / Organizations / LDraw / 4370 (-10)
  LDraw.org's position on the copyright of rendered images

The LDraw Steering Committee (SteerCo) has been questioned about LDraw.org's policy (as expressed by the Contributor Agreement (URL) other documentation, or tradition) on third parties capitalising on the considerable volunteer time, effort, and (...) (16 years ago, 17-Sep-08, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.announce) !

  Re: Best practice for using unofficial parts?

(...) If it is a messagebox, pressing Ctrl+C will copy the contents to the clipboard and beep. (16 years ago, 7-Sep-08, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Best practice for using unofficial parts?

(...) I am very sorry for that mistake has happen. I would like to help you in this case, but as long as I have no more detailed informations, I am unable to help. For translations I recommend (URL) to use. As far as I know the best translation tool (...) (16 years ago, 5-Sep-08, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Best practice for using unofficial parts?

(...) I find German hard to read, but not at all impossible. And I don't think Swedish is much closer related to German than English is. Anyway, you can always make a screen dump and crop out the error messagebox. /Tore (16 years ago, 5-Sep-08, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Best practice for using unofficial parts?

(...) I downloaded tried to install MPDCenter from here: (URL) the installer is all in German, which I can't read, and I got an error message that I can't understand... I would copy/paste the error, but it doesn't allow me to select the text from (...) (16 years ago, 4-Sep-08, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LDconfig.ldr - missing colors

Sorry for the late response. I have placed the program and source code in a zip file here: (URL) colors.txt file contains an up to date list of all of the colors from Peeron, Bricklink, and LDRAW. I think there are 119 total. Some notes about the (...) (16 years ago, 4-Sep-08, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Best practice for using unofficial parts?

(...) I agree to Jim. To make it in an easy way I wrote a prog MPDCenter that is still available. Maybe you can use it. cu mikeheide (16 years ago, 2-Sep-08, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LDconfig.ldr - missing colors

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Scott Wardlaw wrote: SNIP (...) SNIP Are you able to give that cool tool to the community. I thought about the color handling in MLCad for a while and now I read this! Awaresome! cu mikeheide (16 years ago, 2-Sep-08, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  (canceled)

  Re: Best practice for using unofficial parts?

(...) I think the cheese slope is the perfect example of this happening. Most of my early MPDs using it are misoriented by 90 degrees due to a change in the part. (...) See above ;) Tim (16 years ago, 1-Sep-08, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact