Re: LDraw Wiki - Beta release
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Tue, 29 May 2007 02:28:04 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Timothy Gould wrote:
Hi all,

Following recent discussions, Dan Boger has very kindly set us up a wiki for
LDraw. This is intended to be a way for anyone to add 'content' of relavence to
LDraw easily and without relying on the time of the webmasters to integrate it
into the main site.

http://ldraw.org/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

This is a good idea. Do you plan to use the Wiki as an 'inbox' of sorts for
content for the site, or do you intend it to take over for major functions such
as FAQ, Glossary, Tutorials, etc? Just curious how you see this playing with the
site as a whole going forward. Overall, I think this is excellent--as you start
to solicit contributions you may want to clarify how it fits in the overall
vision of the site.

I really like how this opens everything up beyond even the CMS for contributions
from everybody.

-Tim