  Re: Contributor Agreement License details - updated version

(...) Wouldn't this include modifying/converting...publishing the dat files themselves (a true derivative work)? (17 years ago, 7-Feb-07, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Contributor Agreement License details - updated version

(...) Probably... maybe "LDraw.org does not consider LDraw model files (defined as being MPDs or LDR files whose main purpose is creating a model, ultimate discretion lies with the current LDraw SteerCo) to be derivative works of the Parts Library." (...) (17 years ago, 7-Feb-07, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Contributor Agreement License details - updated version

(...) of course with the bit about rendered images still left in... sorry. It's late :) Tim (17 years ago, 7-Feb-07, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Contributor Agreement License details - updated version

(...) Yeah, I think the meaning was there, but the language was still a bit unclear. Here's a nice place to look for ideas on how to rework the language. (URL) section on Software is probably the closest match, and I believe this is the key (...) (17 years ago, 7-Feb-07, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Contributor Agreement License details - updated version

(...) There is one aspect that I am a little worried about and it deals with unofficial files... we can make it clear what a model file is (references to parts only) but then we have the problem that it is considered good practise to include (...) (17 years ago, 7-Feb-07, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Contributor Agreement License details - updated version

(...) I'm not sure about the exact text but id state derived works as "containing the original file or visual representation/rendering of..." This happily excludes models (except where they include unofficial parts), but includes all renders of both (...) (17 years ago, 7-Feb-07, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)