    Introducing RACHAL - the Raytracing Challenge —Timothy Gould
   Hi all, If you keep an eye on new articles on LDraw.org you may have noticed two new ones with the title RACHAL. Well, we haven't got a replicant working for us but we are relaunching my old raytracing challenges as part of LDraw.org. (URL) brief (...) (18 years ago, 30-Jan-07, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.announce) !!

        Re: Introducing RACHAL - the Raytracing Challenge —Zachary Best
     (...) Awesome! Very nice model, and it should be a little easier than the disco scene due to minimal, if any, reflectives and transparents. I already have plenty of ideas, and can't wait to go tinkering. (18 years ago, 31-Jan-07, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

         Re: Introducing RACHAL - the Raytracing Challenge —Timothy Gould
     (...) Hi Zach, Glad you've got ideas :) I think the disco scene was a too hard in retrospect. While we may throw in some reflection and trasparency in future models I doubt there will ever be anything as shiny as the Disco scene. Challenging is one (...) (18 years ago, 31-Jan-07, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

        Re: Introducing RACHAL - the Raytracing Challenge —Zachary Best
   Well I submitted my entry: (URL) It was pretty fun, and I got to teach myself a few more POV tricks (like loops mainly). Nothing was changed in the MPD and I used L3PAO to convert to POVRAY and then I used Mesh-Enhancer on the minifig's hair to (...) (18 years ago, 6-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)