Subject:
James Jessiman Memorial Award for 2006
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Thu, 14 Dec 2006 15:30:29 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

The James Jessiman Memorial Award was established by the Jessiman Family to
honor an individual who has contributed to the furthering of LDraw, the DAT
format, and James' memory.

This year the LDraw.org Steering Committee is please to announce the award is
presented to Orion Pobursky.

Furthermore I'm going to announce that the current SteerCo has slightly changed
the formula of the presentation. From this year on the prize will be given
"virtually" and won't be bound any longer to an actual LEGOfest, due to the fact
that LDraw.org is primarily a online community with members spread all over the
world. Instead the recipient – beside getting the established plaque - will be
honored for an entire year at LDraw's front page (have a look at the top
right-hand corner). The SteerCo's hopes are that this balances the lack of
chances for non-Americans to attend BrickFest, Washington, where the prize
giving ceremony used to be held.

Congratulations to Orion!

Willy Tschager
On behalf of the LDraw.org Steering Committee