  Re: Internationalization of the part library?

(...) From a technical perspective I agree with Larry that the part number looks like the best key, and that the current part name is just one instance of an international language set of names. If we percieve peeron and and bricklink as countries, (...) (19 years ago, 1-Mar-05, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Internationalization of the part library?

(...) Peeron/LDraw/Partsref <-> BL isn't simple, because the part numbers are NOT consistant. AFAIK, the only way to actually resolve that is to build a proper translation table, which is what I think BrikTrak uses. (19 years ago, 1-Mar-05, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)