Re: Contributer Agreement v2
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Fri, 16 Jul 2004 16:32:58 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Peter Howkins wrote:

Here is my take on this second version of the license

<snip>

I like the rest of your comments so I've snipped them out.  I do have a qustion
on the below.

An attempt at some language for a 'base level of rights' as suggested
by Jacob Sparre Anderson and Dan Boger.

"Any future EndUser license proposed by ldraw.org will grant at least
these rights to EndUsers.

1) The EndUser has the right to modify licensed work and base
    new works on it.
2) The EndUser has the right to distribute work covered by the
    license to other people.
3) The EndUser is allowed to submit derived work back to ldraw.org
    under the terms of the Contributor agreement."

Isn't 3 redundant and cover by the 1?

-Orion