Re: Moving the License Forward
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Wed, 14 Jul 2004 22:56:59 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Kevin L. Clague wrote:

All humor aside, is this really a license issue, or a parts tracker policy
issue?  I know this has been a big issue in the past and I don't want to ignore
it, but I'm not sure it is a license issue.

I agree.

It in some ways asks the question of when does the license start to apply?  At
the time it is submitted to the Parts Tracker, or the time it is released as an
official part?

Currently LDraw.org has control once it is submitted, so the licence should be
agreed to upon submission.

You could set it up so authors only have to agree once a file is certified,
before including it in the official library, but that would require an extra
step.

ROSCO