Re: Moving the License Forward
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Wed, 14 Jul 2004 19:01:43 GMT

On Wed, Jul 14, 2004 at 02:13:11PM +0000, Willy Tschager wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Tim Courtney wrote:
By submitting parts to the Parts Tracker, the Author grants
permission to other authors to modify their work and resubmit the
revised work to the library.

there is no way in getting me to agree to this clause if this also
impleis that others may modify my work before it got certified. to
make it clearer: no fixes to parts I submitted for the first time.

I'm not sure what the history is here, but what happens to good parts
that were almost completed, and need a few minor fixes, but the original
author has no interest in it anymore?  Should the part just sit in the
PT forever?  Should it be removed from the PT?

Would some sort of timeout clause help?  "No one can modify it, as long
as you're still working on it?"

Dan

--
Dan Boger