Re: Moving the License Forward
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Wed, 14 Jul 2004 18:56:40 GMT

On Wed, Jul 14, 2004 at 12:31:13PM +0000, Tim Courtney wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Peter Howkins wrote:
But I still feel that a greater than 50.00000something percent
positive vote ought to be needed to move away from something as good
as the ShareAlike license.

And I maintain, if there are not enough authors still active at a time
this potential situation were to come up, It could be near impossible
to make the change. If there were a situation where the change was
needed, and there was this hurtle we couldn't get over (again, due to
inactivity), the community would suffer.

I think the key word here is 'active'.  If the requirement is that some
percent of the ACTIVE authors actually are for a change, wouldn't that
work for both of you?

Dan

--
Dan Boger