Re: License Intent
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Tue, 25 May 2004 05:31:53 GMT

One thing I touched upon a while ago that may be useful, is creating an entirely
NEW library, with the same format, and only adding primitives and parts as
authors give their consent to the new licence. This would allow the current
"complete" library to be "frozen" and distributed as it is, and the new library
could be constructed separately, and distributed as Ldraw.org sees fit, even
while incomplete.

This may seem cumbersome, but would allow the "old" library to be kept
available, under it's current licence, including any parts that cannot (for any
reason) be included in the new library. I would assume all new distributions
would have the new library, and a pointer to where the old library can be found.

Of course one would hope that the vast majority of parts from the current
library would be included in the first version.

It would still require the Jessiman's to agree to including James' parts in the
new library.

ROSCO