Subject:
Winner! May 2001 ldraw.org MOTM competition
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Tue, 1 May 2001 05:01:42 GMT

A *very* interesting race this time.

Right from the start, the truck and the space station took the lead.  And
they swapped that lead several times.  Then the truck started to pull ahead
slightly.....  Looking like a solid front-runner.... But as fate would have
it, Matthew H, with his 3D Studio Max rendering of the 6972 Polaris-I Space
Lab managed to squeak by into a slim lead.

And I *DO* mean slim.  Yep, winning by exactly one vote.  Late in the polls,
John's truck managed to pull up to within one vote of a tie - but that
wasn't enough to usurp the lead.  The truck just seemed to run outa gas.
(pause here for groaning at a bad pun)

And rest assured, I did do a close check of the voting logs - no duplicate
votes in either entry.

So, it's a big congratulations to Matthew, the winner of ldraw.org's May
2001 Model Of The Month competition.  :-)

Check it out at:
http://www.ldraw.org/motm/

-- Terry K --