Re: MOTM voting for February
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Thu, 25 Jan 2001 18:58:35 GMT

Perhaps in the future could could we also have a contest where the actual
.dat or .mpd file is available for viewing? I don't think the robotarm
stands a very good chance of winning because it's not the best rendering but
perhaps a technical achievement viewed in complete 3d it would make more
chance. One would also perhaps see tiny construction errors wich wouldn't
show up in the renderings.

koen

Yeah...I thought of that.  Different people see it different ways - I • started
MOTM to showcase a good 3D rendering on the front page, to display • potential of
LDraw to new users.  Don't get me wrong, its much more than that - I think • its a
celebration of the talent of the builder and the arrangement of a • rendering
that's more than a model - a scene (the one I voted for was a scene and • not a
single model).  The point is more than the front page, but its a showcase • of
'these are the best renderings' and an inspiration to others to achieve • good
renderings themselves.