Re: LDraw.org Reference Organization Questions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.cad
Date:
Sun, 14 Jan 2001 04:14:58 GMT

On Fri, 12 Jan 2001 20:40:25 -0700, Tim Courtney wrote
(in message <G730q1.FHo@lugnet.com>):

I'm working on yet another item for the LDraw.org Reference section at
http://www.ldraw.org/reference/.  Seeing that this section has grown a bit
recently I want to get it more organized.  As this area of the site collects
more resources I want it to be easy to navigate and find help in the area
desired.  I don't feel that simply having a list of articles and tutorials
sufficient.  So, I want to categorize this some way, but I'm at a loss
exactly
how to do it.  Here's my current line of thought:

There are different types of reference resources.  Tutorials, How-to's (these
could differ from tutorials being that they describe how to perform a small
function to ease use of something, vs teach an introduction to a program),
and
Specifications.  Specifications could include a detailed publication of the
DAT
format specs, a color chart with info on LCAD colors, etc.

Does this sound good?  What if I split it into subdirs

/reference/tutorials/
/reference/howto/
/reference/specs/

or something like that?  Anyone have any changes, suggestions?  How should
the
main /reference/ page be laid out??  I would really appreciate some input to
help me decide how to organize this section.

Thanks.

-Tim

Sounds good to me, Tim.
I think it's important to have a good explanation of the differences on your
index page, just to avoid causing any confusion.

Ben
--
Ben Vaughan
buster@marsbase.com