Re: January LDraw MOTM Competition
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Wed, 3 Jan 2001 18:30:44 GMT

Michael Heinich <mheinich@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:G6LG5t.LM5@lugnet.com...
New to this forum, this is my first chance to vote for MOTM.

It's too bad you don't have catagories because there are a couple of strong
models here.  Both the tractor and train are excellent models as well as the
Patrol set of space ships.  But the Cathedral is hands down the best of this
bunch.

There usually aren't enough models to have any real competition in the
categories.  I really like a lot of the models this month, and the cathedral
*is* the best, but I really think that it deserves a better shot than the one
submitted.  I just think that would look a little bare and wouldn't give the
desired effect on the main page.

I got to see the train in person last week...really neat model!  <sarcasm>(well
of course it is, ++Lar made it) ;-) </sarcasm>

It would be equally amazing, if not more so, if this could be seen
in real life.  I can't imagine the amount of time that went into putting the
cathedral together.  I would love to hear how all the great camera angles
were done.

Brad is in the process of writing a camera positioning tutorial for POV-Ray
users which will be published on LDraw.org when he is finished.

I talked to Terry K the other day and he has been having some hard drive
problems - probably why the MOTM hasn't been updated yet.  If I don't see it up
by tomorrow, I'll post the results on the site myself.

-Tim