Re: January LDraw MOTM Competition
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 27 Dec 2000 18:47:33 GMT

Cathedral of Ice is nice, but the rendering doesn't show it off very well.
It doesn't look very much like a Lego construction, and it looks tiny when
it is shot from the high viewpoint. If it were rendered from a mini-figs-eye
view, it would look like a massive impressive construction, and we could get
a feel for what parts he used to build it. More dramatic lighting and a
backdrop would help too. I don't mean to arm-chair quaterback, but it does
look like he put a ton of work into the building and design, and with a few
changes in the renderer it would show off the work a lot better.

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Ryan Farrington writes:
Terry Keller wrote:
Wow.

That time of month (and year!) again.  Sneaks up on a person.
Some really excellent entries this month.  This ones gonna be tough:
http://www.ldraw.org/motm/
For the entries that included them, I have added page links to the model
names. Adds a little to the fun, I think.
I suggest right clicking on the link and opening a new browser window - • that
way the voting page doesn't get lost in the shuffle. :-)

Everybody have a good holiday and I'll see ya in the next millennium.
For real this time - not that year 2000 junk. This is really it - 2001.

-- Terry K --

Several good models, but I found the voting easy.  I voted for Brad
Hamilton's Cathedral of Ice!  I couldn't in good conscience vote for my own
when there's one I like better.  Nice work, Brad!  ;-)

--Ryan